Sunday, October 26, 2008

Baby Update...

Hey Everyone!

No baby yet... but we're close... so I wanted to let you know the details. Our doctor has offered to induce us on our due date (the 28th). We went back and forth with this decision trying to figure out if we should let her come naturally or go the way of induction. We waited to tell our family until we "officially" decided, but we have come to the conclusion that we will go forward with the induction. There are several reasons for this (our doctor would be guaranteed to deliver our baby, Jason would have plenty of time off of work, etc.) It really seems to be the best decision for our family and the more we prayed about the more peace we have about it.

We check into the hospital on Monday the 27th (tomorrow!) at 7pm. We will get settled in our room and have some time to relax there. We're even planning on bringing some board games as well as our lap top so we'll not only have wireless, but also the ability to watch movies. After midnight they will start the induction process. They will start by giving me some sort of gel every 4 hours through the night and in the morning they will access to see if I actually need the induction drug or if the gel was enough to send me into labor. How Tuesday will go is still kind of unknown to Jason and I. We are praying for an easy delivery for the baby, for our doctor to have discernment in her decisions with us, and for patient hearts for Jason and myself. We both would like to think that by Tuesday evening she will be born, but we know there is a chance she might not make her arrival until sometime on Wednesday. There is a good chance that it could be a LONG process...

Jason and I have tried to spend today "being still and knowing that He is God." After church this morning we came home and just really spent some time in focused prayer. It has really been a relaxing and refreshing day... especially since the past several days we've been very busy. That is why Jason suggested that spend today not getting caught up in the little details, but to just sit, focus, pray, and experience God. I'm so glad he is the spiritual head of our house.

Tonight we were able to have a date! We went to dinner at one of our favorite steak houses... which was very nice. The food is always wonderful and it was fun to have a special date. We were able to talk about our greatest fears and joys about parenthood, our thoughts on the job interviews Jason has been on lately, and just enjoying each other's company and laughing about old memories. It was sweet time for just the two of us... since we'll become a trio here in just a few hours. :)

Things are certainly surreal... it is hard to wrap my mind around everything that is happening and that has happened in the past. We have been waiting and praying for this for such a long time. We are almost on year three on trying to bring a baby into our home. This journey has been LONG and HARD. To think of all that we went through for the 2 years of infertility and then what has happened in just this past calendar year with loosing two children. My heart still breaks for the children I am not able to parent - although they will always be in my heart. Yeah, it has been rough to say the least. Bringing this baby home will certainly be an incredible joy, an answer to prayer, a testament of God's faithfulness, but in NO WAY a magic eraser to make us forget all the heartache we have gone through to get to this point.

One of my favorite books in the Bible is Isaiah. Isaiah 6 starts off by stating, "In the year that King Uzziah died, I saw the Lord seated on a throne, high and exalted, and the train of his robe filled the temple." In the time in which this was written, when a king died it was a BIG DEAL. A national tragedy. But notice how it was in that time... that time of chaos and crisis... that Isaiah "saw the Lord." Perhaps he wouldn't have seen the Lord if King Uzziah had not died? When I think about that... I think about how through all of this I can say, "I have seen the Lord." I have seen Him through this time of chaos and personal crisis for us... although I don't like the lens I have had to view Him with. Yet, I can say, I have seen Him, experienced Him, and have fallen more deeply in love with Him than I ever would have without this pain. Jason and I have grown as individuals and as a couple closer to each other and the Living God through these past three years. We have learned more about each other and Him than we would have if we have had an easier journey.

You will never hear me say that I'm thankful that we had a miscarriage or a failed adoption. But you will hear me say that I'm thankful that God cares and loves us through our trials. That He uses the trials the world sends our ways to lead us closer to Him. There is a line from a Sara Groves song that I love that states, "There has never been a trial or a pain that He did not recycle to bring me gain." --I'm thankful to serve a God like that!

Please continue to keep us in your thoughts and prayers over the next few days. We'll be updating soon. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You and Jason are going to be great parents! It's very hard to wrap one's mind around the idea of a little person arriving and changing your whole life within a matter of days---I'll pray for you on that front if you'll pray for me! :) Is prayer swapping legal? lol Just make sure you're as relaaaaaaxed as possible! Everything I've read has said how important it is not to work against your body by being stressed. Focus on God and how fearfully and wonderfully you are made---He's programmed all the knowledge of how to do this right there in your little body! Isn't that amazing? :)

Tara Wasson said...

I am so happy for you and I love to read your blogs. You are so faithful and you inspire me to try to be a more faithful Christian. Love you dearly Ms. Darby Don't and I can't wait to hear your wonderful news. Love you and thinking of you!!!