Friday, May 23, 2008

Heartbreaking News....

We are very sad to say that our adoption didn't turn out as planned. At the last minute the birthmother decided to keep the baby and not allow us to parent the baby. We found out for sure yesterday (the 22nd), but had an idea on Wednesday night. We hope to type the whole story out soon, but right now we don't have that much emotional enegry. Please be praying for us and we are heartbroken. We lost our 2nd child... loosing Elijah, in many ways, was easier than this has been. We went to bed Wednesday night thinking we would bring our daughter home to the house/nursery we prepared for her. Instead, we came back to life without children. While this baby was not a biological baby -- it did grow in our hearts over the past several months. We haven't even pictured our biological baby without it's older sister. We had named her and everything...

We can't even describe the pain we are in. To say we're heartbroken is a start, but there is so much more. We just selfishly ask for your prayers... we need them all!

Thanks...
J&D

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, Loves!

I can't even imagine the pain. I'm so, so sorry!

Amanda May said...

I'm so sorry Darby and Jason. I can't imagine going through that. Shelby and I are also going to adopt in two years, and I've already been planning everything out. I know I would be heartbroken if it didn't work out. God has a baby prepared for both of you, whether it is already born or hasn't been born yet. I will keep both of you in my prayers. Remember Psalm 30:5, "Weeping may remain for a night but joy comes in the morning." Let me know if you need anything at all, I mean it.