Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Update

No baby yet!!!! As we are anxiously awaiting the birth of our first child I thought I would take this moment to just update everyone on the adoption process, where we are, and how the pregnancy is going.

The adoption process is going well. We met with Alicia again last week as well as the birthfather and his family. We feel so blessed to be matched with them! I can't express how much we love Alicia (and Leanord). The doctor still thinks that Alicia will deliver at any moment so we've been sure never to be too far away from the phones. As soon as she goes into labor we will get the call and join her at the hospital. I (darby) get to be in the delivery room with her as she gives birth. I am also going to be the first one to hold the baby per the request of Alicia. Jason and I will get our own hospital room for the duration of the baby's stay -- which is typically 48 hours. Alicia can't sign the adoption papers until 24-48 hours after birth so I know those will be stressful hours for us as we wait for the adoption to become official. Please be praying for us to be a light and comfort in the hospital as well as just really flexible.

We're pretty ready! The nursery is complete except for our glider which we have ordered - so hopefully it will be here soon. We have the pack-n-play set up downstairs and all of our needs for feeding, changing, and bathing the baby are complete! At this point I THINK we have everything, but am sure that we might realize a lot more "needs" once we actually bring the baby home. But, we're excited and trying to keep ourselves busy until the call comes.

As far as the pregnancy, well that is going well too! We're now 16 weeks and boy is my belly getting BIG! :) My jeans no longer fit me - but my dress, workout, and pajama pants are getting me through. For one of my Mother's Day gifts I did get a pair of maternity pants too! My shirts still fit fine.

I feel like my belly is HUGE, but Jason claims I don't even look pregnant yet. I disagree. :) However, no other part of my body has gained any weight yet. Just the tummy. Which is funny because in just the 10 weeks that I was pregnant with Elijah I gained 10 pounds (mainly in my legs and rear). But this time I haven't even gained 10 pounds yet and it is only in the belly.

We've been doing an ultrasound a week and all is looking good. The baby is moving around quite a bit and it is funny now that it has arms and legs I can see it sucking its thumb and kicking me almost constantly. I'm no longer sick to my stomach unless I don't eat often enough but I'm still pretty tired. There was one night last week where I slept for 15 hours! I'm trying not to feel guilty about that though because soon I won't be getting anything close to that again.

Well, Jason just finished grilling out our lunch so I better sign off so we can eat. It has been nice to just spend a lot of fun quality time together this month before the baby comes. Hopefully, the next post will include a new photo of our first baby!

Thanks for all your love and support!

1 comment:

Darby said...

Darby!
Wow! I am so excited to hear of all your news! I saw on Facebook that you were pregnant and I'm so excited to read about all the "happenings" here on the blog! God has truly blessed you all! What 2 precious gifts you are about to receive. I can't wait to hear of news of #1 joining you soon!!!