Friday, September 28, 2012

Dates 5-8!

So, in playing catch up on this blog, I'll go back and recap our dates from the past few months:

Date Number 5:

In May our date was to a rock climbing gym... here's what my note to Jason said,

This month let's do something for our bodies. A day of rock climbing at Rock Sport. This will be a fun a day where we get to experience something new and be together. I'm looking forward to scaling walls with you.


H getting her photo with us!
Practicing for the big event. :)


At Rocksport!

We spent several hours at the gym and enjoyed the physical challenge as well as the time together doing something different. Jason really seemed to appreciate it as well. We had each been rock climbing in the past before we began dating (I was really into it when we first met), but Jason and I never had done it together. We had to take a "ropes class" before they would allow us to climb on our own - we were the only two in the class. The rest of the night we took turns scaling walls and belaying. We encouraged each other, laughed with each other, and over all, had a great time! We didn't leave the gym until after 10pm and by then I was STARVING, so we grabbed some drive through food and then headed home!

Date Number 6:

Photo on left: Marraige Rocks. Photos on Right: Mayan Cafe!
June was an interesting month - I had a preplanned date to the Mayan Cafe because Jason spent a month in Guatemala once and I thought that he might enjoy that food. Plus, it is on the list of "must eats" in Louisville. Here is what my note said,

About this time 9 years ago you were in Guatemala! How was the food? Ready to relive it? This month let's go on a date to the famous "Mayan Cafe" - I'm excited to experience this with you!

We asked our babysitter if she could do the 8th or 9th of June and she said either. We looked at the calendar and saw that "Marriage Rocks" was going to be at church on the 8th and we considered going to that, but then, figured we should just stick with dinner by ourselves and so we chose the 9th. The Lord, however, really wanted us to go to Marriage Rocks because we were asked if we could perform in a drama that night. So we switched our babysitter back to the 8th and went to marriage rocks and then to dinner at the Mayan Cafe at 9pm! It was a fun night where we didn't get home until after midnight. :)

Date Number 7:

July was, yet again,  required some flexibility. There are some risks that come with planning out 12 months of dates in advance. This was a month I thought we could have an "at home" date, but seeing as I was trying to plan things Jason would enjoy, I bought him some sheet music to one of his favorite classical songs and I gave it to him along with this note:

Since we will be out of town for the Douglas Family Reunion this month... let's havea date inght at home! A music night. Here is some sheet music for you to practice with and one night you can put on a concert for me. I love how talented you are!

a great family shot before we left!

date night at melting pot!
My idea was this would give Jason a reason to go down and play his piano every night. He enjoys doing it, but between spending time with me and other things, he doesn't always feel like he has the time. So I wanted to give him a break, let him be by himself doing something he enjoys, and then I would let him play all sorts of songs for me on whatever night our "date" night was going to be. However, I planned this out in December and I didn't realize that we would finishing off our basement during July and so his music studio was not set up yet. So... he appreciated the sheet music but said we could still go on a date outside of the house! So, we went to the melting pot! One of our favorites. It was a great night to just be out and it gave me time to ask Jason questions like, "How can I be praying for you?"

Date Number 8:

Here was my 8th note to Jason:

You Choose! I ended up with more ideas than there are months... so, this month you can pick whatever you want, but these were a few of my ideas: 1) Dancing at Jim Porters (they have an over 3- club which will be me this month - eek!). 2) Dinner at Sam's "Food and Spirits" 3) Quiet night at home with a Red Box movie. 4) Anything else... 

August ended up being a very celebabratory month between my 30th birthday (where Jason went above and beyond), a family vacation to Seabrook Island, and finding out the gender of our baby! At first, Jason just chose the red box movie option since the rest of the month was pretty full, but on the 31st we had our 20 week ultrasound and so we grabbed a quick lunch at a Mexican Resturant on the way home which counted as our date - although we didn't get any photos from that date. :)

September's date is coming up on Saturday so I'm sure I'll be posting about it soon! I love dating my husband!

No comments: