Friday, November 25, 2011

A Thankful Heart!

Havana eating the brownie batter - she liked it. :)
On Wednesday, Jason was working and I spent the day with my children making food in preparation for the Thanksgiving lunch that we were hosting. As I spent the day cooking and cleaning with three of the most amazing people ever... my heart was overwhelmed with thankfulness. Havana in her little sense of humor had me laughing until I cried as she would exclaim, "I have an idea... let's eat the cookies!"






Jonah stirring the cookies! 

My amazing Helpers! 


On Thursday, some of my family and some of Jason's family joined us for a lunch at our house before Jason had to go to work (sadly, he worked the 3pm-12am shift). It was a fun time together. After everyone had left... my heart was feeling a little sad. Sad that my husband was working, sad that another holiday was over and life is quickly passing me by, but then I began to thank the Lord for my blessings: a husband who is amazing... he's an incredible provider, he loves me unconditionally and truly keeps no record of wrongs, he is the best dad and our kids are going to be so blessed because he was their father, etc. I have amazing children... three miracles walking around talking my ears off. Being their mother is truly a gift I cherish each day. I have friends who love and invest in me, my marriage, and my children. Great family and In-laws. I am incredibly blessed. And with that mindset I have enjoyed walking around with a Thankful heart. Today I was praising the Lord for the laundry, for the dishes, for the chores, for my neighbors, for the weather, for everything. I'm finding that being thankful, in every circumstance, truly brings me joy even if it doesn't change the circumstances. So thankful!
Selah's First Thanksgiving! So thankful for her!

A blurry shot - but the only one of all 5 of us! :)

No comments: