Sunday, April 1, 2012

That Jonah boy!!!!

Dear Jonah!

Out of all the little boys in the world, how did I end up with the best one? You're amazing. You are into everything, learning everything, attempting everything, and you are very much a "I can do it by myself" person. You feed yourself, you walk up and down the stairs all by yourself (it takes about 20 minutes, but you can do it without any help). When we take family walks you want to walk all the way back home - you travel and your slow little pace, but you do it! You also challenge yourself. When playing basketball or catch you will make a basket or catch the ball and then you will take a step back and try again. You keep moving back to give yourself a challenge. My little athlete!

You are talking in complete sentences. Here's a conversation we had last week:
me: Jonah, what is your favorite color?
you: My favorite color is, um, yellow.
me: Jonah, what is your favorite game to play?
you: My favorite game to play is, um, yellow.

I picked you up from the nursery the other day and you immediately said, "I said thank you to Mrs. Rebekah for cracker." I looked up and asked Mrs. Rebekah if you had thanked her and she said you did. You looked at me again and said, "I said thank you to Mrs. Rebekah for cracker." How in the world relaying exact conversations to me at one years of age?! Impressive, my boy! :)

You are also so smart! You know how to count (so, you still skip numbers 2 and 4, but everything else is right on), your ABC's, and pretty much every word to every song we've ever song. Just tonight your daddy said that you might be our singer. You really enjoying belting out songs and when you are upset that is one way to calm you right down. You figure out puzzles and toys very quickly. You also observe more than I realized. The other day I handed you an applesauce and you kept saying, "Selah." I kept telling you Selah was sleeping and you said, "Selah Spoon!" --I looked down and I had given you the spoon I usually use to Selah! What a bright boy. :)

You also follow your daddy's lead. At the end of meals he puts all the bowls and such together and stacks them neatly before taking them to the sink. For about a week now you will put all your bowls and spoons together and then push them away and say, "all done" -- we never taught you this - you simply picked it up by observing.

I am proud to be your mommy! I love you! 


Jonah and his buddy going down the slide! 

No comments: