Friday, November 16, 2012

Date #10

Last month, Jason and I celebrated our 10 year dating anniversary. We began exclusively dating on October 19th, 2002 and as I say, "have been dating every since." -- I always like to celebrate this date and Jason usually humors me in the matter even though he is content only celebrating our wedding anniversary now. (To read more about that night, read this old post).

Anyway, so my goal was to find a babysitter for Friday night October 19th, but sadly, no one could do it. Nor could they do Saturday. We didn't really have any other times we could go on a date and it was looking like there was not going to be a date in October. I was very sad about this. On Thursday, October 18th, I was at the zoo with the children when my phone texted and one of the people I asked to babysit said that she could do a lunch date on Friday... by then, however, I had already made plans with friends from Indy and so couldn't cancel on them, but I asked her if she could do Thursday night... she could! As soon as I got home I rushed to tell Jason the good news - we were going on a date! Woo hoo.

Here is what my preplanned note said,

October 19th, 2002... we went to a wedding at the Louisville Slugger Field. Hard to believe that was 10 years ago. Let's celebrate by going to "against the grain" - you might remember it well from all the time you spend in their bathroom. :) Thank you for making these last 10 years so amazing.

The bathroom reference is an inside joke between us and "against the grain" is a sports bar at slugger field - so we went back to where we were 10 years ago. Neither Jason or I drink, but we ordered some fancy "house sodas" and both tried new foods. It was alright in terms of food, but fun in terms of memories. On the drive home we stopped by steak-n-shake. We had texted our babysitter to see if she wanted anything and she didn't respond by the time we needed to place our order -- so we ordered shakes for ourselves and then, about a minute after pulling out of the parking lot, she texted with her order. So we turned back around. I offered to switch Jason so that it didn't look like he was going through the drive through again (I get embarrassed about that stuff easily) and he said no... then, the lady at the drive through recognized him and said, "Oh, you're back already." And jason told her all about how much his wife loved milk shakes and we had to come back and get a third one. I was dying laughing because that is so like my husband! :)

I'm so thankful for my husband and even more thankful that the Lord gave us a date night at the last minute! It's fun to date! :)

October 18th 2012 - I wore the same outfit I wore on October 19th, 2002!



No comments: