Thursday, July 15, 2010



Well, the air was out in our house for a while. Not terribly long in adult time, but when you have two babies, it can seem like forever! By noon time on Wednesday, it was so hot in our house that neither Havana or Jonah could take a nap... in fact, they were both sweating. Our dog was just sitting around panting. So, we packed everyone up and headed to Chick-Fil-A. I was very impressed with how well Havana did without a nap! We ate a long lunch and then let her play on the playground (photo in this post was taken after she completed the slide... she was so proud... and boy, does she know how to strike a pose!)

Havana had us laughing at lunch. Jason ordered her a chocolate milk - which she never has to drink - and so every time she took a sip, she would make this priceless face and very loudly proclaim, "Yummm! Mmmmmm! Mmmmmm!" She also learned how to sign for "grapes" when wanting the grapes out of the fruit cup we had for her. She learned four new signs this week: Grape, Help, Open, and Play. She is getting very good and sign language and I love learning it as well! Jonah has had us laughing a lot these days too! He is So vocal! He likes to talk to his toys and he enjoys laughing at Havana! The other day Jason got mad at Havana and Jonah thought it was the funniest thing! Too cute! I'll have to try to capture his laugh on tape, but we do have him on tape saying hi! So neat!

We spent the rest of Wednesday afternoon going from one air conditioned place to another -- Bass Pro Shop, The Mall, Petsmart, you name it, we went there. The men coming to look at the problem said they would get there between 4-6... however, they call at 5:30 to say they are at least 2-3 hours away from coming. He promised he would get to us that day, but said it might not be until 10 or 11PM! What?! There was no way we could keep two kids at our house, it was 88 degrees INSIDE the house! So, I ended up packing the kids up and taking them to my parents house while Jason waited at the hot house for the men to come. They did end up coming around 10pm and fixed the problem. So by the time we came home this morning our house was nice and cool! It was actually cooler than it had been the entire time we've lived here... so that has been nice!

Being in the heat made me think a lot about Cuba... we expect to get hot down there on our mission trips... we don't really complain about the heat down there because we're serving the Lord. Why do we, okay why do I, not always have that same level of flexibility here in my house? Why do I complain about it being hot; when I've stayed in hotter for longer? Why do I think that my need to be flexible in the heat only applies to mission trips? How selfish is that! Oh, how I battle my flesh daily - sometimes it just seems a lot harder and I feel as if I'm entitled to more than other days... working on that!

Jonah is still refusing to take a bottle! Help! We've tried every single day, but he still can't seem to latch on no matter which bottle. We are going to keep trying daily, but it is a little challenging for me. At least he can put himself to sleep 95% of the time because if I had to nurse him every time he needs to eat and rock him for hours to get him to sleep, I would be a lot more stressed out. One battle at a time... :)

Over the course of 2009 I sent out an e-mail once a week to some friends, perhaps you were one, and in that e-mail I would write out a challenge that the Lord was laying before me and I would also write out a prayer for us to pray for our husbands. I enjoyed this greatly as it helped me become a better wife and offered great accountability! I also loved keeping Jason surrounded in such specific prayers!

Several people suggested I turn those e-mails into a book and Jason also agrees! While this was an idea I originally shot down -- the Lord has really continued to lay the desire to publish them on my heart. I've been working with a Christian self publishing company. Now, the packages to self publish are more expensive than I was expecting, but they offer so much including a theology review and marketing! Anyway, I'm still a few months away from getting anything published, but it has been fun exploring and planning. Something suggested was that I start "tweeting" to help build an audience and to offer something to the readers while they are reading the book or once they finish! So, I just opened my twitter account yesterday. I never really saw the point or the desire of twitter, but I'm hoping it will be good. My name is loveourhusbands since the title of my book is going to be "For the Love of Our Husbands."

I will admit, this is only my 2nd day of "tweeting" but I have enjoyed finding Scriptures to pray for Jason. Since my posts have to be so short (unlike my blog posts...ha) it has been fun memorizing a short Scripture to pray for Jason and that helps keep "me" out of it and keeps the posts just verses to pray for our husbands! What an honor and privileged it is to be married and to be able to love our husbands through prayer!

No comments: